Design your future.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world. This is our promise to each other, our clients, and the communities where we live and work. An internship with Cuningham is much more than a chance to experience the day-to-day nature of your chosen profession. We believe the more you know about the business side of design, the practice of performance, and the beauty of regenerative design, the better you’ll be at delivering outstanding results to our clients.
Cuningham is committed to growing the next generation of design talent that can be the change our world needs to solve the challenges ahead. As an intern, you are provided with access to seasoned industry leaders and mentors who bring you along every step of the way. You receive hands-on experience in real projects, working alongside designers across disciplines and market types.
Your development throughout the program does not stop at technical skills and training — although there’s plenty of this too. We want you to learn how to tell a story and why the design story matters — going beyond concept renderings and redlines to understand the feeling a space invokes and how our work interacts with its environment and community.
Whether you join us for a semester or as a member of our summer cohort, an internship with Cuningham is filled with creativity, growth, and opportunity.
Summer Internship Recruitment Schedule
- Application period: January 9 - February 17, 2023
- Application deadline: February 17, 2023 (no applications will be accepted after midnight CST)
- Interviews conducted throughout February and March
- Final decisions communicated: week of April 7, 2023
- The 2023 summer internship program runs June 6 through August 11, 2023
- No early start dates permitted; interns must be available to participate
the full duration of the 10-week program.
Current internship opportunities can be found here.
Questions? Reach out to Tanner Knutson.